- Jena Barcojo, component a World Cities, Los Angeles
- Jena and I both focused on the large size of LA, being the second largest city in the United States, and the diversity that such a large population brings. We also noted that one of the stereotypes often associated with LA is that you will become rich and famous.
- Jena noted that over 224 languages are spoken in LA. I think that it is amazing that there can be so much diversity in the language alone in one city. I never really thought of LA as being as diversified as it really is.
- I think this greatly relates to Freire's ideas because he was passionate about language and teaching. The fact that there are 224 different languages would have greatly pleased Freire.
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Week 4 Project 4b
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment